Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Activities


We decided to try our luck at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. We were not willing to get up there super early to declare our parade spots, so we really didn't see much of it, but it was fun to get into the city and watch the balloons pass and see the excitement all around us. Rebekah was grinning all morning long and was sad when we left.

Miriam really couldn't see anything and wasn't too interested when she did. She just wanted to get out of the stroller and run around, which was hard to do up there with so many people. But I was eventually able to find an area that wasn't so packed to let her strecth her toddler legs.

This is hard to see, because of how the sun is hitting us, but there is a giant balloon of snoopy in the background. This was definitely Glenn and my favorite balloon. We were sad when we realized that Rebekah really didn't know who snoopy is. Oh, my parenting flaws. I must catch her up :)

I was trying to get a picture of the crowds. I am sure there were more than 1.5 million people there. I am not sure how many were in our little area, but it sure was hard to move when you got in there. We left early so we wouldn't not have to have LONG subway rides home and we could have seats with the kids.

And last, but not least...we came home and cooked our turkey and had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. The dinner was great, but even better the next day when I didn't have to do all the work. My favorite thanksgiving item this year was cranberry salad, which should really be a dessert, but we get to count it as fruit at Thanksgiving. It has a ton of whip cream and mini marshmellows. I am pretty sure that is all Bekah ate for dinner. Thanks for the recipe Liz (my sister).
I hope you all had great Thanksgivings. We really are Thankful for so many things. We are so very blessed. This year was great, because Rebekah really got into the Thankful stuff and it was fun to hear what she came up with.

6 comments:

Jules said...

I was watching the parade and I wondered if you had gone. What a cool experience even if you didn't see much. I told Adam it was my dream to see that parade in person, I just want it to be in a penthouse overlooking the parade like on Miracle on 34th street. If you're going to dream it might as well be big. So Garrett has recently gotten in to the Charlie Brown movies and he loves Snoopy, but a word of caution, I didn't realize some of the things they say in the movies and Garrett has repeated them all. Like calling McKell a blockhead, oh well atleast it's not swearing. Keep up the blogging I love to hear about life in New York.

Elizabeth said...

I love that you guys are totally embracing your time in NY! I think we saw Glenn's head on TV during the parade!

Holley said...

I'm so glad that you made the trip for the parade. No New York experience is complete without braving the 3 million plus crowd at least once. When I lived in New Jersey, my friends and I took the train into New York at 2AM and scoped out a good place on the curb. It was really scary though. Definitely not something I would do again unless I was with Julie in the Penthouse. My sister always has the classy dreams, so I'll just glom onto hers. So will you all be heading out west for Christmas? Your next adventure needs to be ice skating at Rockefeller Center or at least seeing the tree and then a trip to FAO Schwartz and hot chocolate at the Plaza Hotel, complete with carriage ride through Central Park. I hope Glenn is getting paid well :-)

Brittany said...

Looks like so much fun...nice going on braving the crowds. You have to say that you have at least done it once in your life.

McKay Missy and Boys said...

It looks like you guys had fun. I still haven't had to cook my own Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure my time will come.

Diana said...

I cannot believe how much your family is growing. And by that I mean all of your family. I finally took a look at your blog, then linked into other blogs (Sarah, Josh, Bil... I missed Rachael?). So much is going on over there. You all look so good and happy. What a wonderful sight. I'm jealous you're in New York! When are we going to see each other again?