Running Errands (literally)
Tuesday I dropped Bekah off at joyschool and need to run a few errands. I knew I had more to do than time so I literally had to run. Here is how it went...Miriam and I stopped by the variety store looking for draino..ended up with draino, muffin tins, and two christmas gifts. Next we walked to the toy store and got Bekah a scooter. I then walked to the Tea Lounge and left Miriam with a friend for music time. I then ran to the library to return books, home to hide the scooter, to the doctor to get an insurance form rewritten, because Bekah drew all over the first one, and then I ran back to the tea lounge to pick up Miriam, but my friend had already taken her back to joyschool, so I ran back to the church. Wowee, errands have never been so physically tasking. I even ran to the point that I took off my marshmellow coat and kept running and I even got the "you're hot" yell from the local contruction workers and questions from the one legged homeless guy about why I wasn't wearing a coat. All in a day of the life of a mom in Brooklyn. You gotta laugh a little on days like those.
Aggressive Squirrels
I took the girls to the park on Monday because it actually wasn't numbingly cold, just cold. We had been already eaten the peanut butter sandwhiches I packed, but the girls of course did not eat their crusts. I left the crust and pretzels in a plastic bag in my bag. As I watched the girls play I turned to see a squirrel eating the sandwhich crusts. The second squirrel was on top of my stroller going through my bag. I ran over to shewed the squirrel away. They had ripped open my bag and taken all the food. It was funny. I threw the bag in the trash and the squirrel jumped in and took the rest of the food. I took my bag with me to gaurd it and they kept running back to my stroller so I had to take the stroller and gaurd both. They really were crazy squirrels and super aggressive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Crazy squirrels! I can't believe they kept coming back for more. No fear!
Oh my goodness! At least you'll keep your slim figure with all the running you do. That part about the squirrels is hilarious. It reminds me of the squirrels and chipmunks in Carmel. Have you ever done all the stops on 17 Mile Drive. I guess people feed them all the time and they are very aggressive too. They will come right up to you and snatch things out of your hands and climb on you to get at your food. There are signs all around warning you not to feed them, but I don't think anyone obeys. Including me I'm afraid.
Post a Comment