Well mostly.....I still feel like we are living out boxes somewhat, but we are getting settled. It has been a crazy week!! The move itself went well, but it was a long and tiring day. I think we swore that day that we will never again move ourselves. Last time AmEx did the move for us and it was dreamy. It was so much more work this time. Although we were so grateful for our ward members in Park Slope that helped with the incredibly hard move down all our stairs and our new ward was amazing and showed up with their sons and got the job done in a jiffy. I think I have been through more ups and downs this week than I have in a while, which is not normal for me. Things just seemed so crazy for a few days and my girls were emotional over everything. Glenn has worked late so we have hardly seen him. But I hope that once things have settled after our trips to Utah and Colorado that we start to fall into better patterns.
Bekah and Miriam have been enjoying the space more than I had imagined. They have been in every nook and cranny of the townhouse hiding and playing. Having the three levels is a bit more work for me. I have no clue where they are. I think I need better locks on my doors. But for now the boundaries are set....no opening doors without mom. Miriam begs Bekah to just open the door so they can go outside...luckily Bekah knows better than Miriam.
One funny thing is that the girls and I bought a new home phone, because we ordered a home line for the first time in a few years. When Glenn came home from work that night Rebekah was so excited to tell him that that we bought a new phone at the store and it was for our home and it was called a "telephone." She pronounced it perfectly so he knew exactly what it was. We had a good laugh about that one. She didn't even know what a telephone was. Miriam is pretty excited about the home phone too. As I was talking to the nurse at my Dr. office Miriam ran and found the other cordless phone and picked it up dialed some numbers and said..."Hi mommy I'm on the phone." So very exciting.
We are loving our garage and extra storage space downstairs. We are not missing the 4 flight of stairs. We do have stairs in our house and Miriam is pretty cute about it. She won't go up or down without me or Bekah holding her hand. I love it. I am missing the walking and being outside as much as we used to (even in the heat) I think I have done more driving this week than I have in the whole last year. I have gotten so much more done this week than I thought possible...all thanks to suburbia life. Another good thing is that we visited our new Dr. office week for a prenatal appointment. I was quite pleased that it was a much better experience than my last dr. office. My last dr. just was not that organized and I would find myself waiting there for hours in a small space just to see the doctor. This doctor's office I found myself waiting for no longer than 10-15 min for each procedure and I did three things in one appointment and was there for less than 2 hours. Anyway all is well with baby progress and I am getting bigger by the day, but already very big.
Oh and one last thing...Glenn's birthday was last week and we did a very poor job of celebrating. He was of course working long hours that week as well and we were in the midst of packing and preparing to move 2 days later that we skipped right over it. We did make him some cards and I forced him to let me order pizza from my favorite pizza place. Which is of course not a pizza place at all, but a pie place. He had never eaten there before and I was sure he needed to before we left Brooklyn. So I brought the pie home from Lucalis and we sat down to eat. Glenn was very skeptical that it would be as good as I said. His first comment was "Holy cow...I didn't know pizza could be this good...I think eating pizza is ruined for me from now on." It is some seriously good pie. However...I must say that later he followed up his first comment by saying..."Of course pizza is like making out..when it's good it's really good and when it's bad...it's still pretty good." So I don't think eating pizza is ruined for him forever. Hopefully we will celebrate his birthday in Utah in a few weeks. Glenn is going to Arizona for a week and the girls and I are going to Utah to hang out with his family and my family too and then we will spend a week in CO for a family reunion...so maybe we will get a chance to work birthday fun in then.
Sorry so long, but there is the update.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow! Moving is such a huge ordeal. Glad to hear that you are all getting settled in.
About opening the doors - we have latches at the tops of our doors that you can flip over to keep the door from being opened. They are very handy and provide me with some peace of mind!
haha, i love glenn's pizza analogy! still laughing about that. i'm glad the move is over. good luck getting settled and congratulations on the new upcoming baby!
Congrats on the baby! :) And so glad the move is done. Those aren't fun. :(
I love the top of the door latches - though my 5 yr old can reach it now - atleast he knows better though.
moving is hard but I know it's worth it to have more space!!! We move this week into our house from this lame apartment and I am so happy about it all! We finally get all of our stuff back! Your post was so funny with Glenn's quote that I cracked up and read it to david - love comparing pizza to making out, hilarious!!! anyway, I'm 12 weeks along now so hopefully I'll start feeling better (please!) - any name for this little boy yet??? :)
I'm so glad your moving is over with - although it always takes so long to settle in. But that is the fun part! AND... I am a little late - but how fun you are having a boy! :) Congratulations! :)
Jared is sad you moved. When will you be in Utah/CO. It sounds like we might just miss each other in both places...We'll be in Utah Aug 11-22, and obviously CO all the other days until we move Aug. 26.
I'm glad it went well! Moving is tricky anyway, and when you are big and preggo AND have other kids running around it makes it trickier. I hope you guys love your new place!! (This is Jeanine by the way!)
I'm so sorry you guys had to move yourselves. Once you've had someone else move you it's hard to have to do it yourself.
How are you feeling? Are you do in Oct?
Congrats on the new additon!!
It's so nice to move in to a bigger place! We will have to be doing that again soon. Well I hope that you enjoy your vacaion in Colorado!! We love it there.
Post a Comment