One day in early February I felt like I just could not keep warm. I tried to turn the temp up in the house but it just stayed in the 60's. At first I was a bit annoyed that Glenn had some secret setting to keep the house cooler to save $ through the winter while I was freezing my tail off. Then I noticed the temp started dropping colder and colder during the day...67, 65, 63, 60. By 4 Glenn was home checking it out and by 9pm the furnance guy came telling us that he needed a part that he could not get until morning. We slept our kids on the girls room with a much appreciated space heater and thankfully Glenn bought me a heated mattress pad for Christmas or I would have been at a hotel. When we woke up it was somewhere near 40 degrees. The kids were warm in their room and Glenn and I did not want to even leave our warm bed, he was even wearing his camping beanie when I woke up. It was holy freaking cold in your HOUSE. We ate the coldest breakfast of our lives and then headed out on a busy errand running day (including getting Glenn's car fixed) and spending time at home sitting in the girls room with the space heater. We ate lunch up there, read books, played games. Nobody was leaving for anything. The furnace guy finally got there at 4pm and had it fixed by 6 ($950 later). Let's say by 10pm when our house finally warmed up I did not mind paying for heat.
Eating their cold breakfast!
Crazy Hair Day!!! Oh the joys of elementary school.
Sometimes Marcus can convince his sisters to unbuckle his chair at breakfast while I am upstairs getting ready. I have found him on the kitchen floor a few times enjoying his breakfast. Funny kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment