Last night I looked around my house to see princess shoes, pink panties, purple dressup clothes, betty spaghetti doll pieces, and lip gloss strewn about the family room floor. I laughed a little simply because I think our family is going to have to change our thinking around here a bit. As I mentioned in the last post we recently received a train set for Miriam's birthday and a few cars. So around our house that is as masculine as it gets. So...welcome planes, trains, cars, trucks, dinosaurs, and perhaps a new load of laundry filled with blues, reds, greens and oranges. Yes...you got it we are expecting a boy. The White name will live on...much to Glenn's pleasure.
Yesterday was our ultrasound. I am pretty sure I have not mentioned baby news yet on the blog, but by now most people know...if not sorry, if I announce earlier I am more prone to complaining and whining and who wants that. So the ultrasound went well. I think it surprised both Glenn and I that it was a boy. I suppose we were expecting the baby to be a girl because that is what we are used to. The baby looks healthy and everything measured just right for 20 weeks...so we are happy campers. Bekah is excited that she guessed right and she really wants a baby brother so she can "match" her cousins Hannah, Elle, Jesse, and Nate.
So there you go...there is some fun news. The due date is Oct 17th...if only we knew where we will be living by then?? We will keep you posted on that within the next month.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
WOOHOO! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys!! Boys are so much fun. :)
WOW!! A boy!! I can't even fathom that--for you guys or for us. Yep, your world will definitely be turned upside-down. Congrats, and we're so happy that all is going well in your pregnancy.
Hooray for a healthy baby boy! We are glad you guys are joining the boy club!
yeah!! congratulations! What exciting news!! I love keeping up with you guys through your blog! Looks like you guys are doing great!
April, you will not believe how much you will love this little boy. I love my girls to pieces, but my little boy melts my heart. He's the one that notices when I have a new shirt on and always tells me I look pretty. Kids are just wonderful, but there is something about the mother son relationship that I just love. Congratulations! Adam and Garrett just went on the Father and Son campout last night, now Glenn will have a buddy to go with. What great news.
Yeahhh!! We love boys!! A little boy in the White family seems quite perfect!
congratulations!!! We are so happy for you all. A little boy will be so precious in your home. David was the first boy after two girls and he learned a lot from his older sisters - including how to wear a dress! :)
That is so exciting! Congratulations! Grandma told me the good news while we were in Utah over memorial day. Glad to know that the name will go on.
Big Congratulations to all of you. I love boys. They really do raise the energy level of the house. Glad that Glenn will have at least one person on his side in the family votes. Let us know if we can do anything to help out. You guys are only a 12 hour drive away from North Carolina.
Congratulations Glenn and April. We are so happy for you guys. Didn't know you were pregnant till now. We're so excited for you both. Boys are so much fun! A little wild sometimes, but definitely lots of fun.
Congratulations April. Little boys are so much fun. Your daughters will have sooo much fun.
Kristiina Aalto Burns
PS I enjoy reading your blog. You can check mine out @ www.burns052700.blogspot.com
Congratulations....I had no idea that you were even pregnant. But that is so fun. I know what you mean about your house being all girl, I feel the same way, in fact I feel like I wouldn't know what to do with a boy. That will be so fun and your girls will love it, I'm sure.
That's so exciting! It will be fun to have a boy in your house. Hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy. Congratulations on your great news!
Post a Comment