Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Oh, the memories

One day when I asked Bekah what she wanted for lunch she was very specific. She wanted peanut butter, apple, and white cheese (munster) sandwhich. She helped me make it and sat down and just ate away. It was funny. She got distracted and went off playing so she didn't finish. The great thing about it is that when I was little my little brother and I used to sneak up to the kitchen and make a sandwhich or two for him. He never wanted a regular sandwhich. He always wanted some kind of crazy combination that was disgusting looking and had multiple layers....peanut butter, jelly, ham, cheese, mustard, mayo, and maybe another layer of peanut butter. I was amazed everytime I saw him eat one. I am positive that my mom had to have known he was making those crazy sandwhiches ever so often. Boys and their hollow legs. I am sure that it was some sign of creativity. So when Bekah came up with this combo I had to wonder if there was a little Johnnie in her somewhere. Doubtful but possible, I guess.

5 comments:

Melvin and Carly said...

Sounds like an interesting sandwich. At least she knows what she wants and eats it!

Elizabeth said...

Ha ha!! I remember those sandwiches!! What a funny kiddo.

Libby said...

That is hilarious! Lauren periodically asks me for a mustard, cheese, lettuce and peanut butter sandwich. Maybe next time I'll make it for her. :)

Burns Family said...

April, was wondering if you can email me a number to get a hold of you. Lisa is up in Philly and would like to get a hold of you.
burns052700@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Kristiina "Aalto" Burns

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Does she have that sandwhich often or was this a first time thing?

Congratulations on your baby boy! That is so exciting. I know what you mean on being a bit surprised. Once you've had two children of the same sex it seems like that's what you'll get next.

So do you have any idea where you'll be next year? Isn't London a possibility?