This final blanket arrived on Monday. When my mom came out to help with Marcus we chose our fabrics online and had them mailed to her house. She picked out all the solids at home and all the prints were online finds. I am in love with this blanket and have been waiting months to have it here.
If you look closely you can tell that the quilter quilted little cars into the quilt. I LOVE IT. It makes me so excited. I only wish I had a nursery to put him in and decorate around it.
He loves it too. Thank you thank you mom!! You are amazing!
This quilt was given to me last summer by Aunt Shannon (Glenn's sister) and Grandma White. Shannon did the work and Grandma helped with the materials. I love this quilt and can honestly say that I have used it since the first day we brought Marcus home. This stays in his bed with him. It is all flannel so it is soft and cuddly and I love the soft baby blue tones throughout. Such a sweet quilt and a lot of work was put into it.
The pattern quilted into this quilt is darling too. There are cute little stars quilted in as well as some fun swirl like patterns.
Thank you Aunt Shannon and Grandma. We LOVE this quilt and it has a sweet place in our home with Marcus each night. (Marcus is playing in this picture. He has learned to spit and make funny noises so I thought it was a funny picture to put up)
This quilt arrived shortly after Marcus was born. I really am in love with this one too. I can't help myself they are all so cute and made with such love. This quilt was made by Great Grandma Evelyn (my Grandma). I love the deep red and the back is a small red check pattern that is darling. Most of all I LOVE the little fishing boys. So incredibly darling and so much hand stitching was involved how could I not love it. Every time I look at it I smile and think of my sweet Grandma. Thank you Grandma!!!!
My Grandma has made a blanket for each Great Grandchild. It makes me so happy that she does this. She writes an inscription with a fabric pen on each blanket saying who the blanket is for and a love Grandma Evelyn. This makes it even more special. Miriam's blanket is very similar to Marcus' but with dark pink and little girls with bonnets. I have used her blanket almost everyday. It has become my favorite blanket for her.
Thank you Grandma Evelyn!!! You are the best and we love you!
3 comments:
What beautiful quilts! Sad to say, no one in my family quilts and it's something I've always wanted to learn. I'm a little envious!
What treasures! I have both of my boys special quilts tucked away to give them when they get married. Quilting is such a wonderful and artful way to link generations together. When my boys were small we would talk a lot about the quilts and who they came from. Since we lived far away from their grandparents it was a wonderful way to remind them of their family and heritage and tell them all the fun family stories while they were cuddled up in their blankies.
Glad you are all doing well! The kids are adorable. Give Glenn a big hug for me.
I love, love, love them all! What beautiful quilts for your beautiful boys!!
Post a Comment