Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Friday, March 12, 2010

Memories

Almost every saturday night the girls in our family would sit indian style on the floor while my mom or in my case my older sister Sarah rolled our hair in sponge curlers. While these are not exactly like ours it brings back such fun memories whenever I put my girls hair up in curlers. The giddy excitement of have luxurious curls in just 8-10 hours is sometimes too much to bare for these little ones. Rebekah has been doing curlers for 3 years or so, but poor Miriam has such thin hair and a lack of patients she never really makes it through a curler rolling session. Well she stood still long enough this time, but about 2 hours after going to bed she stumbled down stairs saying she didn't like them. They were so cute at 10pm, but not quite as lovely in the morning. It was worth a try. Maybe in a few years. Until then, I have the lovely Rebekah who does not mind sleeping in curlers all for the love of beauty. The vanity of women starts young.


We had cousins over and made some delicious granola. Yum! The kids enjoyed the kitchen fun too.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi April - Fun to get back on your blog. Your family is adorable. I love you and your sister so much! We also love sponge curlers at our house too! Madeline requests them every night - I don't mind because they make the morning school routine so easy. xo Mandy

Jules said...

My girls won't do the curlers either and I was so disappointed. McKell thinks comfort is way more important than beauty, I guess she comes by that honestly.

Mary Kalree said...

HI April! I found your blog! Girls are so much fun. Keep turning out those curls. :)