Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rach's House




We spent 5 dreamy days at Rach's house. I really can't get over how much fun it was. Sorry for all the pics of Rach's family for those of you who don't know my sister, but someone has to put pictures up of Rachael's kids somewhere since we don't see any from her. Here are a few things I learned at Rach's house....

1. 4 kids is definitely different than 2 kids (not that I didn't know that, but the reality was huge)
2. Let the little things slide
3. Sliding on the little things doesn't mean no timeouts
4. Let my kids play outside more even if they are making a gigantic mess
5. Basements are for chaos....send them down there
6. Have your hubby home by 5 or 5:30 (say what...oh to live 2 miles from work, one day)

Rach is seriously one of the best mothers out there. It was so fun to watch her with her kiddos and watch the daily goingons of their home. Rebekah played and played with her cousins like they were already best buddies. Miriam and Jake teased each other like they were brother and sister. Rach and I stayed up late and made treats and chatted forever (not that late...we are both mom's come on). Marshall was kind enough to give up full time with his wife for 5 days...thanks Marshall.
Not that I want to move back to Utah, but it did make me want to live near my sister. For that sake I would be happy as a peach to live near any of my sisters, although I don't really see that happening in at least the next 10 years. Our lives are all to unpredictable at this point.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

thanks for visiting my blog and your bid to a worthy cause :D

Kelly Boyle said...

Hey April,
I am so glad you had so much fun with your Sister. I love spending time with my Sisters. It stinks that we are all spread apart. I wish we all lived next to each other. I had a favor to ask you. I am making a calendar for Grandma White's 80th birthday present. It is a calendar of all of her great grandchildren. I was wondering if you could email me some pics of the girls, for me to put on the Calendar. I need them by the end of this week.
My email is kellymcgiven@msn.com Thanks for your help. Say Hi to Glenn and the girls.
-Kelly