It seems like Rebekah is changing by leaps this year. She is growing out of all her clothes way too fast. No more mommy school now that she is in PreK, she lost two teeth, and turned 5. All of the sudden she isn't my snuggly little Rebekah with chubby little hands following me everywhere. Today we was another significant change for her. We have let Rebekah's hair grow long with the intention of cutting it for
Locks of love. So the time finally came and today I took her to the salon and we cut of her beautiful locks of brown hair. Rebekah's hair is a big part of her identity and personality so I really did not want to force her to do this. I left the decision up to her and she decided to cut it. She was so cute and sweet about it. She is so proud of herself for doing something for someone else...and so am I. Her hair feel so much thicker and healthier now and is darling. But I must admit that I do miss those long locks already, however when it comes to hair brushing time I think I will be happy about it. I am so proud of her for making such a good choice. Here is our new little girl.
Before


During

After


Way to go Rebekah!
6 comments:
Way cute! Love it short.
McKell did that a while back and I had trouble giving up the long hair too. Now that I am used to it, brushing and maintenance is so much better. She looks adorable and it really isn't that short, it's the perfect length and style. Way to go Rebekah!
That is so wonderful! High Five Rebekah...you are awesome.
I loved your "Christmas" recap and all the pictures. Looks like you are settling in to New Jersey.
Happy New Year!
What a sweet little girl, I'd be proud of her too! Her hair cut is so cute too! -Laurie
hi Whites.. I'm so glad to find your blog. I love seeing the girls and can't believe Becca's hair was that long! What a sweet little girl..
oh my gosh - that is just precious!!! What a brave girl and doing this now will make her have more courage with her hair in the future which is what I tend to have problems with!
Post a Comment