Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

Gobble gobble


We went to Rebekah's school for their Thanksgiving program. Rebekah was so funny. She was stuck behind another kid's Indian feather. She kept parting the feathers and peaking out while singing or leaning from side to side so she could be seen. The songs were cute but very funny as the presbyterian themes tunes and themes entertained us. I can't wait to see and hear what the Christmas program will bring.
Heather made this adorable turkey with the girls. Every year we try to make a turkey and put inside slips of paper with somethings we are grateful for.
Heather and the girls made these cute place setting tags for our dinner. I LOVED them!!! They used their thumb print for the feathers and head and we used Glenn's thumb print for the middle as well as a potato for the stamping. I thought they turned out so cute and Bekah loved making them.


Here is our Thanksgiving table. We are lacking a table because it broke in our move so we threw it out...so here is our costco table because I can't decide on a real one. I used paper plates because my plates are blue and those aren't too thanksgiving like. I finally pulled out the crystal even though we were using paper plates. I figured they would never get used if I wait for fancy plates. It was so fun to drink out of them. Thanks mom for the great crystal.

The food was wonderful. I don't think Glenn ever stopped talking about how delicious it was throughout the whole dinner. Since we ate with just our family he was assigned a good amount of the work so he deserved the credit and I would like to think that maybe it was more fulfilling making the dinner too so hopefully he will participate in the future. Heather and I had prepared the day before and we did some work the day of too. I think our favorite dish was the yams with apples baked in it. Yummo!

Here is a list of a few things that were in our thankful turkey this year....

Rebekah
-Turkeys, becuase they are for Thanksgiving and becuase they have turkey things coming down
-Teachers, because they teach us lots of things
-Spencer, because he plays hide and seek with me
-My Aunts and Uncles
-Christmas, because Santa Claus gives us lots and lots of presents
-Tickles
-Halloween, because I get treats
-Church
-Matthew (a boys he has a crush on)
-Clothes
-Miriam, because she sometiems gives me toys when I am sad and she is my friend and sister
-Heather
-Shannon

Miriam
-treats
-books
-milk
-nail polish
-bath toys
-my sister
-my little pony
-mommy
-Halloween candy
-Aunt Heather
-Giraffe
-baby Marcus
-Daddy

Marcus
-Kisses and Hugs
-Daddy's arms holding me
-my two sisters
-Binkies

Glenn
-A wife who is an awesome cook
-American Express
-Chocolate milk
-That April has such an amazing husband
-The Office (TV show)

April
-fresh flowers in the spring
-sisters and brothers
-how good Glenn is to me
-coloring pages taped on my walls

Heathers were very detailed, plus Glenn threw away most of the thankful papers...sorry Heather
We hope everyone else had a great turkey day!

5 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

What great TG traditions!!! I love the one of their thumb prints making the turkey and the list of thanks each of you made. Looked like a wonderful holiday for you all! :)

Elizabeth said...

How fun! Your Thanksgiving looks wonderful and your family is just so cute! Missing you!

jlthomas said...

I love the turkey box idea, thanks! What a great way to remind the kids what they are thankful for!

Holley said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous holiday! Heather looks so good!

I can't get over how cute your kids are. They are just so full of sweetness and personality!

Nadia said...

I love your turkey making tradition! The writing of the notes is so very fun.
We are doing Christmas cards and would love to add you to our list. Can you email me your address? nadiayjones@gmail.com