Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1st day of Kindergarten


Rebekah has been to 10 days of kindergarten now and she loves going to school everyday. Infact over the long weekend she told me she missed school. She is so cute. I think she is really happy to be making friends and to have a regular schedule she can count on. It seems that most mothers have a really hard time letting their kids go when it comes to kindergarten. Infact, her teacher said that there were many criers that day and it was mainly the moms. I was not one of those mothers. I don't know if it was because she went to a fabulous Pre-K program last year that was 5 days a week. I was okay with letting her go. Letting her go into public school was another thing. The first time I entered the school the smell of what must be the school lunch took me back years to my own elementary days. Seeing the masses of children made me a little uncomfortable as I turned my child over to the public schooling system where she may just be a number. I know she will do fine, because she is so social. She is on a year round schedule...so she goes to school for 45 days and then has 15 days off. I am not sure how we will like it, but I guess it is good we are starting out this way...so she won't know she is missing a true summer vacation.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the pics! Would love to see some of the house too although the kids are cuter! Congrats on canning peaches. They look delicious. :)

Melvin and Carly said...

I think Rebekah and Audrey would get along. Audrey told me over the weekend that it was "boring" staying at home and not going to school. Hope Rebekah continues to enjoy kindergarten!