On the way up
First off the drive to and from Angelfire, New Mexico was the most beautiful drive we have ever driven. We went through Moab and those tall red rocks with the most amazing formations are breathtaking. Then we drove through Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico through the mountains. The pine trees were huge (bigger than any I have ever seen). There was untouched snow that covered the ground and the trees that sparkled and made it look so magical. It was such a wonderful drive.
We stopped near Moab on the way home and let the kids out for a short hike. Here are the pictures.
Once I got to the top with the kids and Glenn left to take the picture, the mother in me freaked out. Kids are so spontaneous. I could just picture one of them doing a cartwheel and flying right off. Needless to say we didn't stay up at the top for too long.
Car trips are long for this guy. He does not nap. At least this time he took about an hour long nap (out of 11 hours). I was so happy when he purposely turned his head and snuggled in for a nap. 100% willingly too! Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment