This is the very end of the race. I was pretty close to coming up on the finish line. I look horrible and my legs were barely moving (still running though). I had closed my eyes just to help me get past the pain and to the end. Mike (my brother in law) snapped the picture. He thought it was me, but when I didn't wave or anything we wasn't sure. Luckily I opened my eyes right before I passed him and waved at he and the boys.
Here we are. After the race. It was a Halloween half marathon so most people were dressed up in costumes. It was so much fun to see what people were dressed as.
Some of my favorites were Forrest Gump (brought a box of chocolates), Mr. clean (with mop and all), and strawberry shortcake and her friends. It was funny to see what people were willing to run in. Liz and I painted masks on our faces which was okay at first, but after I while it was hard not to itch or wipe your face so it got pretty messed up by the end. I was lazy too and did not make my own shirt to run in. I wore my brother-in-laws, so it is pretty big on me. For Halloween night I wore the shirt Liz is wearing.
The family. Our family dressed as the incredibles for Halloween so they all wore thier gear to cheer me on. It was fun! Glenn and the kids surprised me and showed up at three different locations. It was cold and earlier than I think they wanted to be out and about, but it helped me have some pick me ups every few miles. Our camera was either stollen or lost at the end of the race so unfortunately this is the only Halloween picture we have for the year. I am super sad about it. I have such bad luck with cameras. I must say, I do not take credit for any of the kids hair or clothes. I was not there when they got ready, so no hair was done. They had much cuter and more incredible hair that night for Halloween.
At the end of the race the kids had some fun playing around. I loved this picture of Miriam and her cousin Andrew. They are such good little friends. When they play they are in their own little pretend land. We will be so sad when they move. I am not sure Miriam will understand why her friend has to go come graduation time.
No comments:
Post a Comment