Another New York tid bit
Our building is not one of the cute little brownstones that you see throughout brooklyn. It does have a little court out front with a bench for the girls to play on. Our neighbors have a strawberry plant growing in a pot out there. I am glad it isn't blooming now, I had a hard time trying to keep Miriam away from it the one blooming strawberry in the fall.
Anyhow, about our building...when we first saw the apartment the building smelled delicious...like Italian food. We had seen so many buildings that smelled disgusting. I know I have a sensitive nose, but really I couldn't live in a place that smells like BO or some very strange food.
So I was naive to believe that the apartment would always smell that good. I think someone must have just ordered pizza. It rarely smells totally disgusting, but there have been a few times. It drives me nuts when I cannot distinguish the the smell (usually sometype of food). When I walk in I know if someone has ordered pizza, needs to change the kitty litter, been smoking cigars, of course ordered pizza, and I hope that the things I bake help the smell, but I cannot normally smell anything from our apartment on the bottom floor. Unfortunately the smells of of building are strongest in our bathroom. Whenever I walk in the bathroom I am hit by the smells from below. Smells have always bothered me, so because of this I spend the least amount of time in the bathroom as I can. One time our bathroom smelled like potatoes (or at least that is what I thought it was) for about three days. I dreaded going into the bathroom. The Italian and chinese don't bother me, but some of the odd ones do. Here is for hoping our neighbors order good food these next few days.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have the same sensitive nose. It must be genetic! I can always smell things before anybody else. I am very sorry that your bathroom smells like whatever else people eat. That's gross.
My house smells like corn chips sometimes because for some reason, my dog smells like corn chips. That's really weird.
I totally hear you... once I lived in an apartment next door to an Indian family. There meals smelled horrible to me! Of course it is what they are used to and I am sure it was delicious to eat - just NOT for ME to smell!! :)
woops... sorry abou the mis-spelled 'there/their'. i can't handle not correcting it, and since I have no way to do it... i have to post another comment! :)
It looks like you guys are having so much fun! What an adventure! I hope you find your mouse soon, they give me the creeps. To bad we didn't get to see you guys at christmas, that would have been fun. All are family got the flu the day after christmas, so we didn't get out much. lots of luv
Hi April and Glenn,
This is Kim and Derrel Walker. I'm so glad that I have found your blog. I love the blogging world. I totally forgot you guys moved to NY. That's awesome. We are in West Virginia and Derrel's going to Med School. We live only 6 hours away from you guys! Wow, how's life. I was so excited I found your blog that I haven't even looked at much yet. You have 2 girls it looks like about the same ages as our 2 girls. We are expecting our third in June. Our blog is www.wvwalkers.blogspot.com It's good to see your faces!!!!
Post a Comment