Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley passes away




President Hinckely passed away, yesterday, Sunday Jan 27th.

President Hinckley was the prophet of my youth. He became prophet when I was 13 years old. As I know the church community has loved President Hinckely during his years as prophet I too have loved him as our leader. I remember each experience that I have had to be in the same building/room with him. I am not sure words can express what an amazing man he was on earth. He was best known for his emphasis on temples. He had a sweetness about him, but at the same time he was very forward about our teachings. It is a sad thing to lose such a wonderful man and great leader to the church. He was a man we all greatly respected and loved. It brings me happiness to know that he will now be reunited with his wonderful wife and reap the benefits of living a righteous life on earth. At time like these I am grateful for our Heavenly Father's plan where we can meet with him and live with him again.

4 comments:

Jules said...

April, what a beautiful tribute. I love reading what everyone has to say. It's clear this man made an impact on everyone. We will cherish the memories. I hope everyone is well.

Anonymous said...

People of all faiths mourn Hinckley's passing. I have friends and penpals from around the world who come from various faiths denominations and they all send their condolences. I just happend to browse into your blog and wanted to say 'thank you'. Thank you.

Kim Walker said...

Hi again, April. This is Kim Walker, again. What a happy/sad time. We will really miss President Hinckley but look at where he is and who he is with and I'm sure he's a very happy man. What a wonderful prophet he was here. Hey, a little off the subject, one of my Visiting Teachers here is moving to Brooklyn. I'm pretty sure that's where you guys live. I told her I knew someone that I thought lives there and she is wondering if she can contact you with a few questions and things like that. My email is: wvuwalkers@yahoo.com if you can email me and let me know. That would be great! Thanks April

Kim Walker said...

OK, it's me again. I'm wondering how you know the Pistorius family. I was good friends with his little sister in High School. They were in my stake in Houston and I haven't seen or heard from her in probably 10 years. Small world!