Oddly enough, the weather has been remarkably warm for winter this week. It was in the 40's today and we enjoyed it. We finally visited the New York Aquarium. We went with some friends and truly enjoyed an outing to break up the winter drudgery. Miriam ran her little heart out and I had a hard time keeping up with her. Rebekah went back and forth between friends. It was a great aquarium. I am sure we will be back, since my parents got us a membership to the zoo's and aquarium for Christmas. Thanks, Mom and Dad!! One of the best parts of this outing is that I was very brave and drove down to the aquarium. Yeah for me!!! I really am so proud of myself. 6 months of living in Brooklyn and I finally drove over 10 miles away from home on my own. I did not even get lost. You are welcome to congratulate me on my traveling success. I must give some credit to mapquest and lets not forget the GPS.
Here are some pictures of the fun. I should clarify that the two walruses are a mother and her baby snuggling. They were actually quite cute.
Oh, also our camera was stolen around christmas time so my friend Katie took these pics for me. This makes me want to get a nice camera.
5 comments:
Thanks for the clarification on the walruses. :) How fun that you have memberships there. That will make for a lot of great field trips. And I'm impressed you drove. It's such a big deal getting around the city.
What fun pictures! :)
So cute...I love going to the Phoenix Zoo and I wish we had a nice aquarium around here too. Nice Work on the driving as well.
Looks like a lot of fun. I prefer aquriums to zoos, I wish there were on in Phoenix too!
Oh and good work with the driving I dont think I could EVER do it in NYC!
Post a Comment