Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Milk

While picking up milk today at the store I realized that the date on my milk was my due date. I knew it was rapidly approaching, but was somewhat surprised to actually see it on the milk carton. Especially since I am not really showing any labor signs as of yet. We do keep recieving things like birthday invitations, field trip sign up slips, and attempting to plan football parties for right around that time. For some reason I keep thinking...could I really have a baby by that point? And in my head the answer is always no, but really it should be yes. It looks like I have better clear the corner in my room for our pack n' play (poor guy...no special treatment), wash some boy clothes, and maybe even pack a small bag, and make one last trip to Costco before this baby arrives. I feel like I am forgetting something, but I guess we will see.

While I am posting about baby stuff does anyone have any suggestions for brands of baby slings or nursing covers?

9 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Woohoo!! You're getting so close!

I quite like my hotsling, but if I were to do it over again, I'd get an Ergo or a Moby wrap. I have never heard a complaint about either, and my only issue with the hotsling is that it limits one arm's mobility when worn (so it makes picking up a 2nd child quite difficult). But the Ergo is pricey and I hear the Moby's aren't as great for "bigger" babies... and since my 2nd is a royal chunk, I was concerned about that.

Also, I love my Bebe Au Lait nursing cover, although I've seen some that have straps to keep the baby from pulling the cover off... so that might be worth looking into.

Good luck!

Burns Family said...

WOW, I can't believe that is it almost time, Congrats!

That Bebe AuLait nursing cover that Liz is talking about is great, but if you sew I can point you to a great/easy tutorial to make your own, and it won't cost nearly as much.

wildthayn said...

Oh ya!! I was going to make you a nursing cover and i haven't done it yet. I'll get right on that!! I also have a homemade baby sling in a brown palm tree toile-like print if you want it. Did you see it in Colorado? Its barely used as I didn't make it until Nate was about 10 months. He just likes walking now.

Truly and Shane said...

YES! Google "Moby baby wraps". and look no further...they're the best. Everyone I know ho has one swears by them, I need to make a purchase myself :)

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Your baby is going to be hear so soon. I so excited that your having a boy. Do you have a name picked out?

I really like the Metro Mamma wraps; however, they are quite pricey. It's this really long piece of material that you wrap around yourself and slip the baby into. I really enjoy my knock off and it is quite comfortable. I was able to find someone on etsy.com that copied the metro mamma wraps. I think her address is luveyduds.com Her wraps were much more affordable and work the same.

Good luck!

Jeanerbee said...

All the things that Liz said =). You can get Moby wraps and Bebe au lait nursing covers and hotslings at Target now. Ebay often has them cheaper. Good luck!

Dena said...

Wow! It's so soon!!! I'm excited for you! As for the nursing covers- these are PERFECT: hooter hiders. I know the name is funny, but whoever designed these is AMAZING! Good luck!

NYCmom said...

Yay for Hooter Hiders! I've been using one with Kate and love it. I just saw some Target for $30 that are really cute too. As for the carrier...I love my Ergo. I used the Bjorn until Kate was about 2 or 3 months though you can use it from birth with an insert. It's so much better on your back that many other carriers I've used. I can't believe you're getting so close! I can't wait to see this little guy!

Carrie said...

My friend makes nursing covers for $20 and the are awesome. You can check out her blog if you are interested maddilou.blogspot.com.

This is Carrie, Glenn's cousin by the way.