Last fall when we started the Pre-K program at Rebekah's school her teachers informed us on the first week on class not to plan to go out of town Memorial weekend, because they had an end of the year party planned. I thought they were crazy and I wasn't even looking at vacations that far in advance. They reminded us over and over again throughout the year. I now know. Rebekah and her class have been working on their end of the year Luau for a whole month now. She has been coming home with little bits of knowledge about Hawaii and loads of secrets that she couldn't tell me before the party (which of course she told me them all by the end, funny girl). Her Luau was darling and so special. The kids made ALL the decorations and ALL the food (it was a dinner). They served their parents and practiced carrying dishes and pitches of Hawaiian punch. She was so proud of herself. She learned so many cute songs and dances that they performed for us. It was such a special night for Rebekah and us. She is a sweetheart. I loved that they did a party instead of a graduation. It was much less intimidating and she was so proud that she did all the work and wanted to share with her. Now we are doing kindergarten orientation and such and I can't even believe she is getting so big. Here are the pictures. There are a lot of posts as I am playing catch up. Enjoy!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That is quite the shindig! Cool decorations. I bet the kids loved being able to finally share it all with their families.
Post a Comment