Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Friday, September 21, 2007

Grocery trip

So, we have done a few trips to costco, one trip to a market called Fairway, and several trips to the corner deli and grocers, but I had yet to go to a store without Glenn and do major shopping (ei: more than milk and bread). So today I ventured out. I went to a store called the Met. It is much much smaller than any grocery store (even the Leadville Safeway) we have been to, but it has all your essentials at a high price. Anyhow, I loaded Miriam into the seat of the mini shopping cart and put the umbrella stroller in the back. Rebekah followed me. The isles are very narrow and there are things blocking each isle along with shoppers, so it is an experience just to make it through the maze. I have found that it is much smarter to go shopping in the daytime when the busy grouchy commuters aren't elbowing their way past you with scowls aimed at your children. So mostly everyone there was pleasant to us. I was most impressed by everyone who worked there. They would stop and talk to my girls like they were the cutest things in the world. Asking their names and ages and talking to them about the things in the store. The butcher came out and gave both Bekah and Miriam blankets as the store was freezing. We had to make a potty stop in the middle of our trip and the workers escorted us to the back where they watched my cart while I took the girls in the bathroom. Then the best part is they will deliver your groceries to your house for free if under $100 and if it is over they charge you $1. That is a LIFESAVER. The delivery guy actually made it to our house before we did, since Rebekah tripped and I carried her and pushed the stroller home most the way. The man carried it all the way to the fourth floor and I gave him my tip and we were done. I LOVE grocery delivery. The stores are a little small and very pricey.

3 comments:

Hilarie said...

April - I can't tell you how much I LOVE your blog!! It is a must to read everyday and I love it when you guys have a new post! It makes me have a tiny bit of adventure in my life just by reading it! The stories are amazing and I crack up laughing all the time. Robert always wonders what I am doing!

Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert said...

Whoops, sorry, new to this whole blogging thing. Just wanted to say I had to check you out after all the rucas Hilaire makes while reading it. I guess great experiences make good stories. I am hooked as well, keep up the great posts. Hope you are all doing well.