Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Street Cleaning


So, I thought I would let everyone have peek into what it is like every Tuesday and Thursday in Brooklyn. It really is quite interesting. Brooklyn does street cleaning twice a week. So on Tuesday/Thursdays people who are parked on the wrong side of the street double park from 11 to 2. Today was our first day doing it. So at 10 min to 11am you go sit in your car. Then around 11:58 all drivers around you switch sides of the street. It really is quite amazing that it works so smoothly. It is probably because they ticket like crazy here. You must put your telephone number on your dash so someone can call you if they need to get out or if you forget to move your car. You will get a ticket if you forget to leave your number too. Rules, rules, rules! Luckily there was a man watching me park from accross the street and let me know of the rule. Then at 10 to 2 you sit in your car and move slowly out with the rest of the drivers and try and find a spot on the other side of the street. If you go a few min. early you get ticketed if you go too late you get ticketed. It must be exact. I will move my car and drive around the block and like magic there is not one car double parked on the next street. I usually try to strategize and repark the car the afternoon before street cleaning, but yesterday our battery went out due to someone's 3 year old, oh, wait that was mine. So we jumped it last night and I got the adventure of moving my car with the local Brooklynites.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

That's just crazy! I still can't believe you guys are living the crazy city life. Sounds like fun! -Libby

KMDuff said...

that is totally nuts! Wow! :)