Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Jersey

We hopped over to Jersey for the day on Saturday.......it is still mind-boggling to us how close different states are to us. We are right next to the Battery Tunnel which goes under the river into lower Manhattan. However I wasn't expecting to be only a few minutes from my work in the Financial District. If I could drive to work I could literally be there within minutes. I didn't realize how close the tunnel was to the World Financial Center. Unfortunately, I will be forced to walk to the subway and take it into the city for a 25 min commute rather than a 10 minute commute. But we are still quite pleased with that.

Going to Manhattan was like going to a different world from Brooklyn. April and the girls were able to see the building where I work and ground zero right across the street. We could also see the Empire State Building off in the distance.Then we went through the Lincoln tunnel into Jersey and it was like we had entered another different world. We then traveled through the seven layers of the candy cane forest....... Jersey was open, green, bigger roads, etc. It is still definitely the East Coast, but much more space and houses instead of brownstones scrunched together. After running a few errands we spent the day with our friends the Halbrooks from MBA school. Brandon is also working at Amex. Rebekah was excited to play with her friends Eliza and Lauren.

April and Libby very graciously took care of the girls in the evening while Brandon and I watched the Cougs dominate Arizona. I'll be honest, it was painful not being in Lavell Edwards Stadium, but I must say I was grateful that I only had to travel over to Jersey to catch the game on Comcast.

With the crazy driving and roads here, all I can say is thank goodness for our GPS. If we didn't have it we might never be able to get back home again. "I love technology......but not as much as you, you see......but I still love technology......always and forever!"

(Can you believe I worked in an Elf line and a Napoleon line in the same blog!.....Amazing.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Glenn,

Now that you are in the NYC, this quote might apply to you. Better get to working on your skillz!

"You know, there's like a
butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff."

Later dude

Seth