Sunday, October 7, 2007
Coming Home
I think one of the best feelings in the world is walking through my door after work at the end of the day. The catalyst for this feeling is my little Miriam. The moment I walk in the door I hear these little feet slapping down on our hardwood floor moving as fast as they can. Accompanying this is a little voice saying....."DaddyDaddyDaddyDaddyDaddy"......I look down to see my 1 year old with a huge grin on her face running towards me as fast as she can go. She jumps into my arms and as I pick her up she wraps her arms tightly around me and nuzzles her head into my neck. She then hold this position for about 10 seconds as I snuggle her little body in my arms. She looks up at me with the same sweet grin on her face......but it isn't over yet. As I set her down she walks a few feet away and then looks up at me with an inviting grin that says, "chase me." I then start to move towards her and with a little yelp she starts running in the opposite direction, laughing as I swoop her up and smother her little cheeks with kisses. It is these moments that make being a dad the best job in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great way to come home!
We know exactly what you mean! When Andrew hears the garage open he stands at the top of the stairs with excitment exploading from his little body. Daddy is the best!
Post a Comment