Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Halloween Festivities
So last night in my haste to get these pictures up (due to pressure from family far away, aka: Spencer) I did not write about our lovely Halloween. So here it is:
The girls and I headed out the door to meet a friend and her kids. Glenn was not planning on doing the parade and trick or treating part with us, because that stuff starts around 4 here, but he surprised the girls and met us as we walked. We walked up to a neighborhood park where there were tons and tons of people waiting for the Halloween parade to begin. The parade was being led by a guys who sings children songs on the disney channel and sometime sesame street (Dan Zanes). He was a lot of fun to see and played some fun music.
We then wandered down the neighborhood lanes of Carroll Garden's in Brooklyn. It was way different from Utah, because instead of spending most of the time walking long distances between houses you take about 5 to 10 steps and there is someone else sitting outside on their stoop with a bowl full of candy. There were also tons of kids and families and there was definitely a community feeling there. Miriam caught on to the idea quickly. She finally started running house to house with her bag out. It was pretty cute. Rebekah loved getting the candy, but I think she mostly loved being with her friend Hannah and having wings on her back. We passed a brownstone and the owners had 100 carved pumpkins all along their fence. It really was amazing. The older couple who lived their carved them all themselves.
We walked down to the corner store where a friend from the ward was paid to stand with her puppies (all dressed up) and hand out candy. We then made our way back to our friends house at a slight jog due to my bumble bee needing to go potty. Our husbands stopped by Vinny's Italian food and picked up some baked zitti. So we ate in their apartment, let the kids play, and had some apple pie.
It was a very festive Halloween.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Your girls look so cute. I LOVE Becca's costume. And I can't believe how grown up she looks.
What fun! The girls are such beauties.
Wow, I think Becca grew up leaps and bounds since moving. I love the pony tails Miriam is sporting too. We miss having you guys around. Too cute, I'm glad living in the big city didn't spoil Halloween.
Cute, cute, cute!! Your girls looks adorable and it looks like you guys had a great Halloween! We really wish we could live near you guys so our kids could have Halloween parties together. Also, I loved both their costumes!
It sounds like you guys had a fun Halloween. Your girls look so cute in thier costumes!
Post a Comment