Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Pet Shop

When I was a little girl I LOVED going to the pet store. I would spend the time looking and petting the kittens and puppies. Looking at all the differnt types of fish, birds, and snakes. It was heaven for a little girl.
Well there is a pet store on the way home from most of our outings. We pass it everyday and the girls get so excited. There are always little puppies in the windows. Miriam starts yelling "puppy, puppy" over and over again. And Rebekah and I stopped and look at the new puppy in the window. I kept thinking we should go inside, but the door is always closed. That is not usual around here, everyone leaves their doors open and are usually right be the door with a smile welcoming you in. Anyhow, I thought we would wait until the store had a more friendly day. So, finally a few days ago a man inside saw my girls and I looking at the puppies in the window. He opened the door and invited us in and then he left (I guess he was a customer). There was another customer in the store holding her dog. We said hello and then Rebekah ran to a pack n' play that was set up in the middle of the room with a doggie bed, food, toys, and of course an excited puppy in it. Rebekah reached down and immediately started playing with it. She was having so much fun. A lady came out from the back yelling, "don't touch that dog....no, no, no, don't touch her. She hasn't had her shots yet. She could get her sick. You never know what she has." At first I thought, wow, what a health concious woman, but I quickly realized that she was talking about Rebekah getting the dog sick. I had to laugh inside, that she was so uptight about a dog, but it is also a little sad. It was like the world was ending because an infested child was touching her dog. I am sure that the dog costs quite a bit of money as you could tell it was a rich persons dog. As I looked around the pet store all they had were dog things. Gourmet dog food and treats and hair cleansers and organic dog things. And cute little dog bags, like Paris Hiltons. Anyhow it was not what I thought a pet shop would be like. I should have known since all the dogs in the window were the tiny hairless dogs that rich women like.

Just another day in Brooklyn, NY

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ha! I love how you describe the dogs as tiny and hairless- paints a perfect picture. Cracks me up!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

That's too bad that she was more worried about her dog than Rebeka's feelings.