Our Family

Our Family
Glenn, April, Rebekah, Miriam, Marcus, and Dallin

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sneaking around the house

Okay, so hard wood floors are pretty and easier as far as stains go, but I think when they are over 60 years old they are quite ridiculous. Not only do they have marks, scratches, and stains, but there is no way you could walk around without EVERYONE including your neighbors downstairs from hearing you. When Glenn gets up in the morning and he is tip toeing around so the girls and I don't wake up everyone in the house hears....creek...creek...creek...creek...creek with every footstep. Or if I want to or need to go listen at the girls door to be sure if they are asleep I everyone hears...creek...creek...creek with every footstep or even shift of weight. I guess it is good that I always know if Bekah is up at night or during quiet time, but wow it really is loud.

3 comments:

KMDuff said...

marks/stains/scratches are character and allow you to not have to scrub scrub scrub until it is ridiculosuly clean like my retarded white tile white grout kitchen floor. :)

though i hear you on the sneaking around being impossible. you can learn the non creaky spots though if you practice and get good at it. it's part of the fun! :)

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

I know the feeling! We have hardwood flooring here in houston too. I miss having carpet in some areas of the house. Less noise and a bit more cozy.

Ashlee Marie said...

The nice thing about wood is it can be sanded down and restained! You can't do that to tile, although I guess recarpeting is as easy...